The city we moved to has a very cute little downtown area with shops and restaurants. About 3-4 miles southwest of our little town is the town of Cedarburg--with an even cuter downtown of diners and quilt shops and candy stores. While walking down the sidewalk I actually saw 2 school-age boys pulling a red wagon along the store fronts and dropping off fliers for some fund raiser or event. I really thought I was on the Andy Griffith show. I took a picture. Couldn't help it. We are living in Mayberry. The weather has been so wonderful since we arrived, so we've had several chances to get out and explore these little areas near our house in between unpacking, doctor's appointments and other chores. While our neighborhood is newer and therefore lacks some character of older neighborhoods--there is plenty of character in the little town and those around us. The other fun discovery is that all of these places are so close to us. And of course, the super nice neighbors have been so wonderful, so that makes up for the rest. I'm still pounding the homemade cookies and breads that have been brought over. yu-mmy.
In other news, Steve's dad was able to come up for a long weekend. He was here Thursday night through this morning, and he was a huge help. He and Steve did a lot of paining in the house, installed the invisible fence for the dogs, hung blinds, installed cabinets in the laundry room, and the list goes on. What a blessing to have his help. Not to mention fun for Ava--Ava loves her Papa and they had a lot of fun together.
Last week my mom came up for the whole week, and that was also a huge huge help. She loved on Ava, (practically meeting all of Ava's day-to-day needs), prepared meals, even did the grocery shopping while Steve and I managed the unloading of the moving truck and began unpacking. It was a crazy week and we could not have done it without her. I'm excited for my parents' next visit up--they're scheduled to fly up for the week surrounding my due date--which means they'll be here 2 weeks from today!
Here's a pic of Mom and Ava helping unpack, and from our trip to the Covered Bridge near our house. It's the last covered bridge in WI, and it's not in the picture. sorry. ha.
In the meantime, Ava came down with a yucky cold last Thursday, and I was feeling it as well by Saturday. Now it's really difficult to sleep between the huge belly, frequent contractions, and the inability to breath when horizontal. Hopefully it was pass quickly! Before delivery!
No comments:
Post a Comment