Posting the pic of the fake aspen tree made me miss real aspen trees and everything else Colorado. booo. So for today's flashback I dug out a few pics of Coop and I on one of our Colorado trips. This was the summer of 2000. We started out at my Grandparents' cabin in the Pike's Peak area, then took a mini-trip to the San Juan Mountains. We drove Engineer Pass outside of Lake City, CO.
It was a beautiful area, becoming my favorite part of Colorado. And yes, the gravel road in the picture is the road we were driving on. Don't worry, it gets worse.
The wildflowers were amazing, so Coop hopped out of the car for a photo. Ricola...
Here we have Snow White making the climb up one of the switch backs. It was SO BEAUTIFUL out there!
Beautiful, and a bit scary as we had to do 3-point turns around some of the corners. Without guard rails. Or a shoulder.
This was from my vantage point in the passenger seat. At least I was uphill on this part of the switchback. geeze.
Way to go, Snow White! You made it to the top of the pass! You're halfway through this adventure...now we just have to get back down.Oh how I miss Colorado! And Snow White!
No comments:
Post a Comment