Monday, February 9, 2009

The Dells

I addition to The Domes, my friend had also talked about different places to stay at the dells, and I was feeling a little stir crazy. So that Friday afternoon around 3pm we decided to leave town for a weekend away at the dells. Who says you can't be spontaneous with 2 young kids? I got online, booked a place, packed up, found a dog-sitter, and when Steve got home he loaded the car and we took off on a great adventure.

The Dells are in the middle of WI, about a 2 hour drive from our house. The place is almost exactly like Branson, but with less tacky billboards and more indoor water parks. Ava loved the indoor amusement park and water park we went to on Saturday. She went on the Tea Cup ride with Coop, rode the merry-go-round, and even took a turn on this crazy ride. I was shocked! After some time at the amusement park, we crossed over to the indoor water park. It was pretty big, and it had lot of toddler-friendly attractions as well.

She liked it so much that she couldn't seem to settle into a nap that afternoon. By the time we went to dinner, all 4 of us were a little worn out. Owen fussed throughout the meal, Ava whined, and Steve and I tried to eat at least some of the meal we had ordered. Steve and I took turns walking with Owen while the other one ate with Ava. It was exhausting, actually. The next morning we drove around in order to scout out a different place to stay for our next trip and then drove back home before noon. It was a lot of work, but it was fun. Glad we went, but I'm no longer stir crazy. ha.

No comments: