Ava had her first ever hair cut a couple of weeks ago. This is the "after" picture. We turned the whole experience into a mommy-daughter date. Plus, I had to be out of the house for 2 hours before Owen went to bed as a part of his sleep training. We started by both getting hair cuts,
then the hair dresser painted Ava's finger nails. She got a big kick out of that. It was her first manicure. ha. To wrap up our date we went to starbucks to share some banana bread and milk. This pic is her enjoying our date and her milk in a box. Milk in a box is very exciting! Notice the pink fingernails!
Ava just gets more fun every day. She does so many things that I think are funny or cute or sweet or crazy, and I wish I could stop and write them all down as they happen! I'm sure by the time I sit down and update this blog I forget half of them. sigh. I'll make an attempt to recall some highlights.
These days she is very into the following: dancing like a ballerina, reading books, spinning on her sit 'n spin, using my cell phone to call grandma, going potty on the big potty, going to Bible study, playing with Owen, singing songs, and going to Tumble Buddies. She also likes to do whatever her daddy is doing. Like scooping dog poop. She gets very excited when it's time to go out and scoop dog poop with Steve.
She had a busy day today. First, a big breakfast. That kid can pack it away in the morning. She had two pieces of french toast, a bowl of cereal, yogurt, and half a flintstones vitamin. After filling up she went to Tumble Buddies with Steve, then the whole family went to have a famiy photo done. That took a couple of hours, but it was an enjoyable experience. We had them taken by a gal who works out of a studio in her house, and she know how to get stuff done while keeping kids happy. I'm excited to see the proofs next week! Anyway, back to Ava's day. We all came home after picking up lunch at Qdoba, which is another thing Ava likes, spicy food. She had a big lunch, took a 2 1/2 hour nap, did yard work with Steve, and had some dinner. She doesn't usually eat as much at dinner--still full from breakfast. ha. Tonight she played "so big" with Owen, had a dance session, put on her pajamas all by herself (with a little bit of help), and snuggled in at bedtime with us for two books, bedtime prayers, and some songs. I love tucking her in at night. It's such a sweet time.
Our days stay busy, and she is super curious and interested in so many things. She likes reclining on the landing of our stairs and thumbing through books and cards. It seems like such a big-girl thing to do.
And I really love it when she really gets tickeled by something and cracks up. Her eyes twinkle, she opens her mouth really big, throws back her head, and laughs. It is so fun to watch.
Yesterday during lunch she reached out and held my hand. I just about melted into the floor. She smiled at me, said "I like you," and continued to eat her sandwich with her other hand. We held hands the whole time we were eating. My goodness I wish she would keep up the snuggling, hand holding and ballerina dance sessions forever, but I know she'll keep changing and growing.
We love you, sweet Ava! We are excited to watch you grow and honored to be your parents!
Owen is also deserving of some updates, so more tomorrow about our little snuggler! Plus I have so much to post about our 10-day trip back to St.Louis last week! We had a great time staying with Grandpa Cooper and Moots!
2 comments:
Oh my goodness!! She looks so grown up. Waaaaah!
And in the last picture she looks so much like you. Either because of, or in spite of, the food all over her face. But really. She does.
I second Laura. She looks just like you and that makes her lucky.
Post a Comment