Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Great Migration North

I decided to go ahead and start a blog spot of our own since we have moved away from all family and all old friends. With a 2-year-old daughter and one due any day, this seems a good way to keep in touch and share fun times and photos, as well as an easy way to record memories for ourselves. Life is so busy and moves along so quick, it will be nice to have some help remembering what we've been doing!
We're mostly unpacked in the new house and most of the rooms are painted. Now we're working on some details like curtain rods (how boring is that errand??) and where to store the windex, etc.
Everyone we've met here has been super-duper nice. Crazy nice. So much nicer than the people in St. Louis! (sorry, but true!) We've been blessed to have moved to a VERY socially active block filled with young families. Ava brings the count of young children on our block up to 45! We've been to a couple of block parties already--all very encouraging and fun!
I hope to post some pics soon--and 3 weeks from today is the due date for baby boy Cooper!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Jenny! I'm so glad you're doing this. It might help with the separation anxiety I'm having... :) Seriously, it is cool to hear about where you're living and how you're doing. I'm glad you are feeling welcomed!
love, one of your apparantly not-so-nice friends

Anonymous said...

ha! funny you should mention "old friends." ever since you left we've aged more rapidly! it's the strangest thing, but I've developed arthritis in both hands, I have trouble sleeping most nights and I've had to catch myself complaining about "kids these days!"
it's kinda scary actually.
I'm going to go drink my nightly prune juice and try to sleep, but... they don't make beds like they used to.

love you guys!!!
miss you like craziness!