We haven't posted in a while bc we're having internet troubles. The wireless connection keeps kicking us off--but it seems to be working at this moment, so we'll give it a whirl!
We are having some really beautiful days up here. It's still pretty warm (upper 60's to 70's) and the leaves are changing colors. I'm trying to enjoy all the warm moments before winter sets in for good. Yesterday a cold front came through and it smelled like winter outside--noooo! But it was back to sunny and warm today.
Ava and Owen and I have been getting out of the house again this week. Owen is now 2 weeks old, and Ava and I are sick of sitting around the house. So yesterday we went back to our CBS class, which was fine. Ava LOVES her CBS program. She asks almost every day, "We got to Bible Study today?" She likes singing the scripture memory songs they teach her, and she now prefers to fold her hands when our family prays instead of holding each others' hands, bc that's how they do it at Bible study. There's another stay-at-home mom on our street who also attends this CBS class, so it's nice to get to know her there and we're able to walk our kids over to each others' yards to play throughout the week.
Today, Ava, Owen and I got out again to attend a MOPS group. It was my first week there, and I loved it. Everyone was so super nice, the speakers and were very encouraging, the breakfast provided was yummy (yeah, food!), and Ava had a good time in the nursery program (took some time to get her out of there). It's such a great place for a nursing mom--surrounded by other moms of young children--many with little babies in tow. I think it meets every other week, so I'm looking forward to going back. Also, another one of our neighbors also attends that class with her 2-year-old son and newborn daughter. It's nice to have fellowship on our own block!
Owen is starting to get into somewhat of a routine--like being completely alert and awake for hours at a time in the middle of the night. That's actually getting a little better. We're taking that one night at a time. yikes. But overall things are settling in. My parents were here the first week, which was WONDERFUL, and Steve's dad will be up this weekend. Ava loves seeing her grandparents! She does a happy dance and starts chanting.
We've also had neighbors bringing us meals, which is so sweet since they hardly know us at all. The food has been very tasty! I'm a big fan of food.
Well, we have some fun pics to post of Ava and Owen, but the internet connection keeps cycling me on and off before a photo can finish loading. Maybe we'll be able to post some later.
2 comments:
I need to meet Owen right now!!!!
Ahhhhh!!
THanks for updating!
Sounds like things are going swimmingly. Makes me miss the Crestwood CBS! Glad you're able to get out some and have already met some great people.
Carrie
Post a Comment