
Our little town officially goes trick-or-treating on the Sunday before Halloween. This was the first year Ava could really get into the trick-or-treat scene, and she seemed to really enjoy it. Several groups of kids came to our door before she was ready to go out, and she was so excited to see all these fellow children out and about. She practiced saying "Trick or Treat" and then

headed out the door with Steve. She got a kick out of carrying around her pumpkin bucket, but she didn't eat any of the candy--in fact, I don't think the word "candy" is in her vocabulary yet. When I bagged up all her loot and sent it out the door today, she didn't mind at all. I don't think she knows that there are yummy-tasting things in those brightly colored wrappers. I'm sure by next Halloween this will have all changed.
But she did love running around in her costume. She was the cutest bumblebee ever. She would make the buzzing sound and "sting" you if she got the chance. This proved to be a good costume choice since it was drizzling and cold and very windy out. Our neighborhood goes all out with this event--we had over 100 kids come to the front door. For real. I'm thinking we may be a "drop-off" neighborhood. We had been warned of this ahead of time, so we had plenty of candy (despite my best efforts to eat it all over the past few weeks). It was fun to see all the cute kids, and fun to say "hi" to the parents we've been meeting.
Owen, on the other hand, did not like his experience at all. Owen and I stayed home to pass out candy, so his evening consisted of 1) being held by mom, 2) being abruptly placed down in his swing, 3) crying his head off while his mom answered the door, 4) repeat. Better luck next year, big guy.

Another big event yesterday--Owen had his first tub bath. He was all fussy before, and as soon as we put him in he got all mellow and happy.
1 comment:
A cute bumblebee!!! That is what Jaxson is going to be this year. Halloween is so much more fun when you are a parent. Owen is so stinking cute! I can see that beautiful red hair. I miss you everyday! I am so thankful for this blogging thing. Now it doesn't feel like we are so far apart.
Post a Comment