Thursday, November 20, 2008


My little sister got to come up and visit us the weekend before last. Her timing was great because Steve was out of town for Robyn's wedding. Congrats Robyn & Corey!!! Speaking of which, I heard from Steve that the wedding was absolutely beautiful and perfect (except maybe when the father of the bride slapped the groom at the alter...ha). Beautiful place, beautiful accommodations, and a very beautiful bride!! We love you, Robyn!!
Well, while that was going on in Mexico, Laura was a huge help and sanity keeper for me in Wisconsin, and Ava is totally in love with her. They had a great time reading and singing and playing with a really cool puppet. : )
It was very brave of her to come up this weekend since Owen was at the peak of a night-crying pattern. I think we all pulled through ok, though. We even made it out the door to go to church on Sunday morning despite much crying and hoopla. Way to go, super-aunt Laura!
When it was time for Laura to head back to the airport, Ava gave her a big hug and repeated, "Don't go, Laura! Don't go! Stay with me! Stay with me!" It was such a pitiful scene!
Ava didn't want to lose her dear friend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny! Robyn is married?? When did this take place- I have been out of the loop- how wonderful for her! I am thankful you had help- Your sister is beautiful- you two are so lovely together! I have no idea who Owen looks like! but I have to admit I like the hair! :) Love, Jen

Laura said...

Ah! Worst pictures ever! Except Ava of course is adorable!

Laura said...

Oh. And you. You're adorable too.