Tuesday, February 3, 2009

From disappointment to a delightful morning

Last Thursday, Steve let me sleep in till 7:30 because Owen had such a stinkin' night. He's the best hubby. ever. Well, this made our morning routine a little compressed if we were going to make it to MOPS, but I was pretty determined. Childcare, free food, friends--let's just say I was highly motivated. So we bust out of here with much rush and arrive in a decent window of time to the church. I see other moms with their preschoolers heading into the building. We head in ourselves, and this was tricky bc the DH had the car washed and I couldn't open the back to get out the stroller. So I'm lugging both kids (+ pumpkin seat) in my arms over the ice. We get in, get down the hall, and there's no check-in table. I had the wrong week. Are you kidding me? I had received emails that week and everything about who was bringing what food, etc. I guess the food-coordinator was super ahead of schedule. great. The appearance of other moms was due to a weekly Bible study at that church that provided childcare.
Well, I was not about to let all of that effort of packing up and heading out and mittens and fleece coat liners and car-seat covers go to waste, so we headed to Generations at Play. This is a fun little coffee shop/indoor play area for preschoolers and their mommies. We had never been, so we headed over to check it out. Upon walking in, I see another gal who sits at my table at MOPS. Yeah! So our kids played and we chatted and I met another friend of hers and I had the yummiest mug of hot chocolate I have ever tasted. It was such a handy venue bc the set up wasn't too big, so it was somewhat easy to watch Ava without having to shadow her around the place. Plus they had some great snack options for sale like grapes, yogurt, crackers, muffins, so all in all, we made out like bandits. It was so nice to see this other mom there and have some conversation all morning. Plus, this conversation included a tip-off to a couple of other fun things to do around Milwaukee, so we had another fun outting on Friday. and another Friday night. More to come.
Here's a pic of Owen, just because.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Ahhhhhhhh. He is SOOO cute!!! How do you deal with that cuteness all day?

Anonymous said...

Fun! You've got it made with all those indoor playplaces up there! Owen is adorable! He looks older than the last picture, maybe moving out of new-baby-looks into infant-and-toddlerhood-looks. I love the cheeks!