Friday, December 4, 2009

our welcoming committee

When Steve comes in the door after work, all activities in our home come to a halt as our children rush to greet him.They beam with love and adoration.Owen is not satisfied until he lands a bear hug around daddy's neck. Here he is moving himself into position.There go those little baby arms around his neck! It's the sweetest thing I have ever seen. Frolic ensues on the floor, and Owen goes in for another hug. I am so grateful for my family. As Ava explains, "I love you and you love me, and that means that we love each other."

The words from Psalm 30 summarize my thoughts:
"You turned my wailing into dancing;
you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
that my heart may sing to you and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever." Psalm 30:11-12

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Awesome. I didn't think I was going to tear up reading your blog. Next time a little warning. Hehe :)